Friday, June 12, 2009

Waraku Casual Dining

In the end, I broke the vow of staying at least one day at home doing nothing. Left my house hurriedly at 615pm to meet up with the A&F ppl at Waraku, which was actually outside Marina Square. The human traffic was insane; it impeded my movement from City Hall.


Pleasantly surprised to see my ex-CG friend at the restaurant. Since we are in an "isolated room", we had to remove our footwear and sit on cushions. Ordered Tonkatsu Ramen after a while of mulling. My ex-CG mate paid for the bill using his HSBC card, which entitled us to a 10% discount (effectively no service charge). Too bad the waiter didn't allow us to split the bill, as we cannot use both the 10% discount and the 1-for-1 ramen deal as well :(


Left at around 9 plus as my ex-CG friend wanted to meet my CGL! Hence we drove down to Liang Seah street. As expected, it was filled with cars. Though we managed to quickly displace one car from the lot, Crystal Jade HK cafe (too crammed I feel) was too packed with ppl. Ended up wandering (after my CGL and her friend parked her car, coincidentally behind our car) near Bugis to search for a resting place. Tried to go to TCC but since it was occupied, we miraculously ended up at Starbucks.


Ordered Dark Mocha Frappucino and spent the night listening in the interesting conversation going on between my CGL and ex-CG friend. All I can say is that I have learnt a lot in that encounter, especially about the realities of life.


Thankfully, we left at 12am, with free transport back home :D